Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Prayer & Praises May 3, 2010



Hello from Shaky City:

We had another tremor today that chased everyone out of the building.  It was only a 4.4 and only lasted 1 second but it keeps everyone on edge.   Please pray for the tremors to stop.   Everyone is so afraid to be inside buildings.  Actually, I think the little tremors probably prevent big ones.
May God's will be done.  After feeling about 50 aftershocks, I would still rather be in an earthquake with Jesus than anywhere out of the will of God. 
I forgot to attach the picture of the truck with the taptap on back.
We took 21 teenagers to Quisqueya Chapel for church Sunday.  Praise the Lord!!!!!!!  Then Jared & Larry & Emily took them to the beach in the afternoon.  They had a wonderful time.  Praise the Lord!!!!!!  The truck has also hauled a lot of concrete and steel and wood.  Praise the Lord!!!!!!!  Everyone is so happy about the blue truck!!!! 
People have said, "How can we help?  What do you need?"  Well - I need people.  I need someone who can supervise construction.  Too many mistakes were made when I did not have a full time construction supervisor.  Jared will be leaving so I need Steve Dawson to return to Haiti.   You can help me by sending funding to Christian Light Foundation designated for Steve Dawson so he can come back.  Please keep Steve in prayer.
I also need other people.  I still need a full time school director, teachers for classrooms (in English), an office manager, a dietician/medical person, a librarian, etc.  There is never enough help.  Please pray for those the Lord is calling to this ministry
We got a new child in the orphanage today.  Rosemarline, our student, came to school in PreK as normal but no one picked her up.  After school, she showed us her little backpack of clothes that Mama packed for her.  The family is in desperate need. and Rosemarline is very skinny.  We sent the family food last Friday but did not want to take away their child.  Please pray for the people who lost jobs because of the earthquake.  They need new jobs.  Please continue to pray for Amanda and Jared Kostreva to come full time. 
Yahoo decided I wanted a different version of their email.  The new Yahoo is cumbersome - it takes more clicks to do the same thing.  It is driving me crazy hunting for buttons they moved or disguised and that now don't always work.   I did not choose it and don't know how to get back to the old kind.  Please pray for my patience. 
God bless you,
Sherrie

No comments: